Have you experienced the uncomfortable situation of Sitter asking you to pay cash?
While they might try to convince you it’s a good idea, it puts your pet at risk, as our Third Party Insurance won’t cover them. Staying on the Mad Paws Platform secures you of all our perks and security so be sure to book online to keep you and your pet protected.
“What should I say if a Pet Sitter asks to pay me in cash?”
If a Pet Sitter ever suggests a cash payment, the answer should always be NO.
Common ways Sitters ask for offline payment and how to politely decline:
Sitter: The platform is glitching, it’s probably easier if you just transfer me directly.
Response: That’s okay I will contact customer support to sort it out so I can pay securely through the platform.
Sitter: I actually run my own Business - you can contact me @”XXX” it’s much easier.
Response: I’d prefer if we stay on Mad Paws, I don’t want to compromise my pet’s safety by not being covered by their insurance or other perks.
Sitter: If it’s easier you can just pay me cash when you drop your pet off.
Response: No thank you, I chose Mad Paws so my pet is insured. I will confirm the booking and pay online.
What does staying on the platform get me?
- Mad Paws Accident Cover - find out what's covered here.
- Customer Support 7 days a week. Should you or the Sitter have any questions or need support we’re available via chat, phone and email 7 days a week.
- Security of payment until the booking is complete. We hold onto the money until the end of the stay is confirmed which means the Sitter can’t ghost you after you’ve paid and leave you high and dry.
- A safe platform for communication
- Peace of mind choosing one of our Verified Sitters
Of course, we all want things to run smoothly when your pet is in a Sitter’s care but we know that unfortunately, problems can often emerge during the most innocent of situations, like a walk in the park. When you book online, you protect yourself and your furry friend from the uncontrollable.
If you have any feedback or queries about this topic, please contact us at email@example.com
We would love to hear from you!
The Mad Paws Team ♡