However, to ensure we can achieve this goal, we’ve needed to take certain precautions. For any Sitters who have new or upcoming bookings, Mad Paws now requires you to adhere to strict health standards. These measures not only exist to safeguard our Pet Owners, but also our Sitters. At Mad Paws, there is nothing more important than the welfare of our pet-loving community, which is why we will not compromise on these rules. Put simply, if you accept a Mad Paws booking during the pandemic, you will be required to uphold these standards. By doing so, you’ll be doing your part to kick COVID-19 to the curb.
- Sanitise your hands before and after collecting your furry client – This goes for both pickups and drop-offs. To better enable this process, we advise you carry hand sanitiser with you at all times during your booking.
- Don’t accept a booking if you’ve returned from an overseas trip within the last 14 days
- Don’t accept a booking if you’ve met anyone who’s returned from overseas within the last 14 days
- Cancel a booking if you’re feeling even mildly unwell
- Arrange contactless pickup and drop-off of your pet where possible – When making a booking with a Pet Owner, arrange for contactless pickup/drop-off in a manner that suits your circumstances.
- For example, if they live in an apartment building, suggest collecting their furry friend from the lobby. You can coordinate this by messaging the Owner when you’re a minute away from their home.
- If they live in a house, you can invite them to secure their pet in a crate or carry case in the yard. Once again, you can message on approach to facilitate an easy pickup.
- Update your profile title and description – You can put a potential client’s mind at ease by updating your profile to showcase your COVID-19 precautions. You can also apply for a Fully Vaccinated Badge to show Owners that you are doing your bit to protect yourself and our Community.
Again, these measures exist to protect our fantastic Sitters, as well as the members of our wider community. If you believe you’re suffering any COVID-19 symptoms, please review these guidelines from the Department of Health. Should you like to know more about the current situation, check out our resource on COVID-19 and Pet Sitting bookings. Finally, for more info on coronavirus and our furry friends, read our article on whether COVID-19 can affect your pet.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and know that we’ll make it through this!