Submit a ticket My Tickets
Welcome
Login  Sign up

Pet Owner no longer responding to messages - does it look bad to decline those bookings?

Hi,

I have two bookings where I replied to the owners within the recommended 30 minutes.

The Pet owners have either been initially engaged or just never responded to my quick reply to begin with.

NOTE: due to the lack of response these bookings are still in the PENDING stage as a 'meet and greet' hasn't been possible due to lack of owner response.

It's a bit frustrating.

• How do I get those owners to cancel their booking request? 
  • OR am I able to report them (owner) as somewhat unresponsive?

• If I decline those bookings, 1) should I communicate this to the non-responsive owner first? 2) how will declining multiple bookings  affect my sitter ranking/profile?

• It depends on how long you have waited for their responses, but I suggest you simply decline their booking requests rather than feeling frustrated. It doesn’t affect your profile anyway. I always give them a time for replying to my message between 48 - 72 hours. When the time comes, I let them know that I will cancel their bookings by the certain time; e.g. lunchtime, or by 22:00. Then, completely cancel bookings. That way, at least I’m doing the right thing. And also, I suggest to turn off “Last Minute Booking Availability” during the season. It dramatically reduces unresponsive owners. Please ensure that you turn it on again after the holiday season.
Login or Signup to post a comment